These are weddings outside of Northern California where I have to fly or drive a long distance. I do destination weddings anywhere in the U.S. and in some non-U.S. locations. For these jobs there is a travel fee that varies upon location (West Coast, East Coast, Europe, South America, Canada, etc.) and travel length (i.e. how long I'll be on a plane).
The travel fee is supposed to compensate for the time I spend away from home and the other commissions I will be leaving in the Bay Area during these days.
A destination wedding is not a one day event. It could be a day or two of travel, the wedding, then another day or two of travel back home. Since I will be away, I need to ensure the costs I incur while on the road are completely covered, as well as my time away.
Package prices are the same plus the cost of an assistant (remember I will be traveling with all my important gear) who would also serve as a second photographer.
- 2 kick ass photographers. :)
- A complimentary 1 hour engagement session.
- Wedding coverage (number of hours depend on the package you select).
- Unlimited digital images (DVD of all original photos in hi res jpeg will be provided).
- Photo editing/post processing using Adobe Photoshop and Elements (DVD of all edited photos in hi res jpeg will be provided both in color and black & white -- 2 DVDs with and without watermark).
- Online gallery to share with friends & family.
- Online photo account for ordering prints directly (about 9 cents per 4 x 6 print).
- Online product account for ordering souvenirs with wedding images directly.
- Rights to photos.
- Photo storybook slideshow with background music on DVD and uploaded on YouTube to share with friends and family. (YouTube upload is optional, let me know.)
- Posting of the edited images on our Facebook fan page for easy sharing and tagging. (Also optional, also just let me know.)
- An event article with selected photos featured on the blog.
- Souvenir 5" x 7" magazine-style paperback pocket photo book.
- Souvenir Marge Maghoney Photography fridge magnet for future reference.
In addition to the package price, assistant photographer and the travel fee, clients are responsible for paying the following:
- Round trip airfare for two (myself and my assistant photographer).
- Rental car for 4 days.
- Hotel accommodations for 4 nights, preferably at the hotel where the bride is
preparing (it makes the wedding day so much smoother).
- $500 per day travel fee and for travel expenses including baggage allowance,
meals, gas, taxes, toll (this covers both myself and my assistant).
Let's use an 8-hour wedding in the Bahamas (Caribbean) for a more specific example (though still a rough estimate as airfare, hotel accommodations and rental car fees may vary) for a price breakdown:
Package price for 8 hours $1,250
Assistant photographer for 8 hours 800
Travel fee for 4 days 2,000
Round trip airfare for two 1,600 (JetBlue)
Hotel accommodations for 4 days 650 (Wyndham Nassau Resort)
Rental car for 4 days 320 (Avis)
Looking forward to kicking it with you at the beach!